John 16:33

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Giovanni....

Our son is turing 9 August 4th, this coming Tuesday. I'm so happy with him and what he is becoming, a smart fun cool kid that now loves to enjoy life to it's fullest without mom or dad to help him. Gio has made so much progress this last year. When he notices that his hair is growing out a little, he tells me "haircut mama" and wants to wear a belt like his dad now. He picks out his own clothes, when we go shopping for him, he see the boys going into the cool stores at the Mall and wants to follow them inside, and looks at the colors on the clothes and matches them together, he always picks black or brown cool clothes with a big price tag. I knew that we were going to have this problem with Joshua, but never thought it would happen with Gio, but it's OK! because I know that if Gio asks his dad for something he will buy him anything he wants. Also his dad now takes him to Disneyland overnight without me, back in the days I had to take Gio everywhere myself, because no one could handle him like I could, and now people ask to take Gio, he loves it! He likes to be with his family and friends, and loves to ride his bike outside with his brother, it's great I get a chair and sit outside chilling as the boys play with their toys...We love you Giovanni and nothing can change that, not even autism! I use to think that Gio would never have a life without me, but now I can't wait to see what GOD gives us in the future with Gio. Vince and I both think our son is the greatest and coolest kid, he has shown use how to let go of him a little at a time, and to trust GOD, and to have lots of HOPE. I love my son and will never give up on his future, life is very hard for him right now with me because clearly I have a lot to teach him, but I think he will thank me later, when he is on that special date with that special girl, like how to eat with a fork, how to say those special words to her, and how to show her how much he loves her!!! His grandparents always tell him in Spanish "we are going to have the biggest Wedding for you Gio in Mexico." I love you son, and thank you GOD for the life changing moments, Gio has made me a better person. I'm so sorry GOD that I hate autism so much, but I will never stop loving you LORD, and I thank you for giving me the strenght to never let autism stop me from doing my job as his mother. I see a strong smart independent man that servers GOD, in Gio's future. "Happy Birthday Gio."

No comments: